Thursday, October 8, 2009

Ideas for Larger Project

As far as my more involved assignment goes, I'm thinking about creating a scene that animates a dream of frustration. I think that a larger project is going to be a good platform for a more emotionally developed scene. Carrying the audience through that frustration is going to be key. The scene will either be a feeling of being lost and not being able to find my way, or chasing something that I can never catch. Visually, I can't decide whether or not I want to use photography or hand drawn elements. I'm leaning towards photos. However, with animations the possibilities are limitless. I really want to utilize cameras and exploring a space more thoroughly than head on. I really like the limited color palette that I have used in a few of my animations. Also, I like the sort of cold, lonely feeling that I had in my "falling" video with the cold blue sky and b/w photography. I feel like it really captures the somberness of a dream. The way I have been thinking of the projects so far is that the camera is my perspective. I would like to exploit that more in things like looking side to side, and the motion captured by walking or running (how the camera moves up and down slightly)

No comments:

Post a Comment