Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Midterm Project







I am going to convey a dream of frustration I have had. It involves chasing after something and never being able to catch it. This dream involves me chasing a rabbit through a wooded area.

I want to limit my color palette to black and white. I want to hand draw all of my assets using india ink. I think that this will help create a dark moodiness to the animation.

I want the camera to be from my point of view. There will be a lot of panning from side to side, as well as an unsteady camera to mimic walking or running.

Narrative:

Starts out blurry vision. Quickly comes into focus. I'm in a heavily wooded area. I look from side to side surveying the unknown area.

There no one around and there is no clear path out of the area.

I spot a rabbit grazing in the distance.

We lock eyes.

It immediately gets scared and runs.

I decide to follow it...initially at a walking pace which picks up to a run.

What began as curiosity become an obsession. I have to catch that rabbit. I follow it through the forest hastily.

The scenery changes to create more obstacles like rain and snow.

Ends on a snowy scene. I trip over a tree root and the rabbit hops away into the distance.

_______

A lot of what I want to convey is emotional. So its kind of hard to storyboard that. I want the emotion to go from confusion>curiosity>obsession>frustration>dissapoinment.

The overall story is really simple but I think with the manipulation of space, constant motion, and gestural assets that it could be a lot nicer.





No comments:

Post a Comment