Thursday, October 8, 2009

Matte Project

Untitled from Taylor Wamble on Vimeo.


I felt a little overwhelmed with mattes at first because I didn't get a good grasp on mattes in class on Tuesday. When I went back and looked at the matte examples I decided that I wanted to utilize the split-screen effect. When I began working it was pretty much a trial and error type situation. I just played with the arrangement of layers and then tried the different types of mattes. So i just clicked away until something struck me. I like the way the eyes look with the night sky looks behind the eyes. I like that it is peaceful looking. I initially wanted to look like I was running through the forest but I ended up making the scene fit the peacefulness of the bottom part. Im not sure of the moon moves too fast but I was weary of making to too slow because I made the timing way too slow on my type project. I like the overall coldness of the comp. I would have liked if I had conveyed moon phases with the moon rather than it staying the same shape the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment