Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Bill Plympton Master Class

I must say, I had absolutely no idea who he was upon going to class on Tuesday. I was pleasantly surprised to see that MCA brought in a big time guy. Wow, oscar nominated, thats hardcore. I felt very privileged to have been able to see him speak. I loved his films. I especially liked the "dog" shorts. I'm a sucker for anything dog related but these were really special. I thought the comedy aspect of it was spot on. I think that his knack for incorporating a sick sort of dark humor is really amazing. I also think that his style of drawing is really nice. Since going through school to be a designer, its amazing how much my attitude has shifted from thinking vector/computer based imagery is whats best, to really hating it. I am so much more attracted to simple, hand drawn animation and design as well. I think its really inspirational to hear him speak about ow he stays true to his values as far as his work goes. Turned down Disney? brilliant! I am really interested in seeing more of his film and am really glad that I was exposed to his work.

No comments:

Post a Comment