Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Rough Ideas for Final




Genre:

Drama (surrealistic)


Logline:

An awoken girl wanders sleepily through a surreal landscape.


Synopsis:


Wandering through a foreign landscape, the protagonist (camera) is met with unusual wildlife. It begins with her chasing a rabbit. As soon as she loses the rabbit she, her attention is struck by some creepy, unusual happenings. Trees become anthropomorphic and grab at her and leaves swirl around her. She is met by other animals: birds and deer. Like the rabbit, they are frightened by her and run at the sight of her. She continues to wander aimlessly, searching for anything that she can connect with. She eventually makes it to the end of the forest and sees a clearing. Within that open area she sees her bed, and climbs in to finally find comfort.


Overall, this video is about loneliness and the inability to connect.



For this project I am expanding upon my previous project with the rabbit. I really have the urge to make that story longer and more developed. I would like for the camera to eventually make it outside of the forest. The girl will be met by strange encounters that don't necessarily make sense in the waking world, but are more than possible within a dream. I want the scene to appear much more surreal and developed. The scene is a dream, so I intend for things to appear out of nowhere, etc. to push the idea of surreality.


I want the mood to be similar as it was previously. To me it felt very somber and muted as it was, conveyed strongly by the limited color palette. The beginning (existing rabbit video) the tone is really dark, literally and figuratively. It is mostly black. I would like for the scene where she find the bad to be a pristine snowy scene. I want this to provide stark contrast to the darkness of the earlier scenes as well as conveying a strong sense of peacefulness.


I also want to stay with the first person narrative, the camera being the protagonist. I am considering adding a prelude to what I have already established, as well as extending the end. I may just end up continuing the story...depending on the input from the class.


I am really struggling with whether or not I want to introduce the audience to the girl. I can not decide if it would help or hurt my idea. On one hand the audience can connect with her and see her emotions. It would also open up my options for camera angle, which would be really nice. Perhaps, you can switch between the camera being her and seeing her? If that is a possibility I may go with that.







No comments:

Post a Comment